Reality TV is a thing of the past for Ice-T and Coco.
After three seasons of Ice Loves Coco, the couple ended their E! reality show run in lieu of another TV opportunity, the rapper-turned-actor announced Tuesday (Feb. 4) via his Ice-T: Final Levelpodcast. "We stopped the Ice Loves Coco show to move to another show — we have another show in the works with Ryan Seacrest," he said.
Signing with Seacrest keeps Ice and Coco in the E! family since the American Idol host produces red carpet and reality shows for the cable network. Ice didn't announce whether or not the show will air on E! but dropped a few details on the premise. "Let's say it's more of talk-show setting. That's all I can say right now."
Later in the broadcast, the 55-year-old Law & Order:SVU star shared why the reality TV experience ran its course. "You can only do so much with reality TV. When you're doing reality TV, at some point you start to loop," he pointed out. "People who watch Ice Loves Coco, you get it: I play video games, I eat sausage sandwiches, Max and Spartacus are running around the house. … We had done pretty much everything we could do, so me being in the business for 25 years, I said, 'Let's switch the reel.'"
Plus, being in front of the reality cameras can only take you so far, Ice explained. "I think trying to use your life to entertain people is a slippery slope. I don't care who you are, your life becomes boring sometimes. Sometimes you just want a bowl of cereal! … You got cameras, they looking at you, you feel the need to be entertaining and before you know it, you doing dumb s--t you normally wouldn't do."
Despite the harsh critique, Ice said he and the Mrs. are happy with the triple season stint. "No arguments, no fights, no disrespecting each other and it was a hit."
No word on when the couple's talk show will debut.
Read the full article here.